Stake cash on achieving your goals and win cash from those who don't!
Take a bet with a group of friends or colleagues, that you'll lose or maintain your weight going forward, provided they agree to do the same.
Take a bet with a group of friends or colleagues, that you'll do a certain amount of activity, provided they agree to do the same.
Take a bet with a group of friends or colleagues, that you'll attend a certain percentage of available classes/session (gym, running, meditation, boot camp etc.), provided they agree to do the same.coming soon
Partnering with us is easy!
Why it works
It's all about enhancing self-control!
Self-control strategies are cognitive and behavioral skills used by individuals to maintain self-motivation and achieve personal goals. Initially the skills may be learned from a therapist, text, or self-help book. However, the individual is responsible for using these skills in real-life situations to produce the desired changes.
There are many varieties of self-control strategies. Other terms for self-control strategies are behavioral self-control training, cognitive self-regulation, and self-management techniques. In recent years, the term "self-management" has replaced "self-control," because self-control implies changing behavior through sheer willpower. Self-management, on the other hand, involves becoming aware of the natural processes that affect a particular behavior and consciously altering those processes, resulting in the desired behavior change.
Choice of activities
Competition – make it fun/ a game
Tailored to ‘motivation type’ of the individual
Qualified through ‘Self-Efficacy’
Benchmarked and assessed through NHS guidance
Build a support network of like-minded players
Peers provide encouragement
Groups foster accountability
Incentives which mean something to the individual
Natural market forces - ‘Exchange’ based involvement
Corporate social responsibility led initiatives
Leverage the power of data
Stay in touch
Sign up for email updates on news and offers
If you would like to make in inquiry please email email@example.com or fill out the form below:
Frequently Asked Questions
BetYourselfBetter Adherence Competitions
Q. What is an Adherence competition?
A. Adherence competitions focus primarily on how long you can maintain your goals. Players compete to see who can to stay the course with their chosen behaviour for longer than others in their game . eg 5000 steps per week.
Q. How long does a competition last?
A. The competitions are typically run indefinitely, as the aim of this type of intervention is to instil a new lifestyle habit through competition. For some games like weight loss a defined end period can be chosen, eg lose 5% in 6 months.
Q. How often are you assessed?
A. There is a weekly review period starting from Monday to Sunday, which is the period of time you have available to complete your minimum commitments.
Q. When can I join a competition?
A. Competitions always begin on a Monday but you can join any day of the week preceding the next Monday in a practice capacity.
Q. Who can organise a competition?
A. Anyone can organize a competition and invite friends and family members to participate.
Q. How do I invite people to join my competition?
A. You can invite your friends and family to join your BetYourselfBetter challenge from your dashboard. Invitations are sent to potential participants via email.
Q. Can I do a competition on my own?
A. Yes you can compete against yourself if you prefer, but we encourage competition against others as we have found that users who do compete with friends and family are 3x more likely to achieve their goals. Plus, if you win your challenge in a group you may win some additional cash. If you do it alone there is no additional cash to win other than your own competition entry fee.
Q. If I don't have people to join my competition how can I participate with others?
A. We offer public competitions for people with similar goals. Anyone can join one of these competitions, by using the 'Find a Team' search function on the homepage.
Q. What happens if I need to drop out of a challenge that I've joined or started?
A. We understand that sometimes things come up, but do remember these types of games are designed to see if you can balance the competing interests in your life. As your entry fee is used to pay for the prizes of those who maintain their goals for long than you, you can't drop out mid-competition without a 51% agreement from other players in the game. Theirs a poll voting function in each of the games which helps you manage an exist should you need to, however it totally at the discretion of the others in your games, so choose your opponents wisely.
Q. What if I want to permanently delete my account?
A. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will handle the request. It would be great if you could let us know why you want to leave so we can learn how to make it better.
BetYourselfBetter Competition Entry Fee
Q. What is a competition entry fee?
A. The fee charged to all players who join a cash prize competition game, this is use to cover the cost of running the platform and fund the cash prizes.
Q. What is the minimum that I can charge for players to join a game?
A. You don't have to play for money, but if you do the lowest competition entry fee amount is £5. If you are invited to join a friend's competition then you will need to pay the amount that they have set.
Q. What happens if I win my competition?
A. If you win, you keep your competition entry fee and win a share of the cash prize pot if you are doing the competition with others.
Q. Is it winner-takes-all?
A. No, It's a tournament structure, so everyone who stays in the competition wins a share of the available forfeiture pot at the end of each week.
Q. What happens if I lose my competition?
A. If you lose you forfeit your competition entry fee money and the winners in your competition share the pot.
Q. Does BetYourselfBetter take a share of the winnings?
A. BetYourselfBetter takes 17% of the pot to cover it's expenses to run the competitions, maintain and improve the software and pay banking and credit card fees
Q. What happens if everyone in the team meets their goal and wins the challenge?
A. Everyone receives their original entry fee money back minus 17%.
Q. How do I redeem my BetYourselfBetter winnings?
A. You can redeem your BetYourselfBetter winnings by transferring them to your bank account once you have at least £25 in your balance. We set this amount to ensure that we can cover the fees we need to pay banks to transfer money.
Q. Do you support international credit cards and bank accounts?
A. We do support international credit cards but not yet bank accounts. We can currently handle transactions in US, Euro and GBP meaning there may be fees from your bank on currency conversion if you choose to use another currency. We are looking to increase our international currency support in the future as well as to support international bank accounts.
- DisciplineXgames Personnel and Affiliates: DisciplineXgames personnel, approved academic researchers, authorized consultants and/or contractors, and payment processing companies may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of DisciplineXgames business and/or research. This means that user information, including name, address, phone number, credit card details may be used for the following reasons: responding to user requests, ensuring smooth operation of games, and/or modifying our games product to increase users' success rates. We may solicit your participation in research, developing case-studies, and success stories.
- We may also use your personal information to place you in a game with other players who match your weight, age, gender categories and/or who share certain interests or characteristics, such as playing against others recent mothers in your neighbourhood. Being placed in such a game may thus imply certain private information about you even though this information is not made explicitly public. We do this in order to match you with other people in similar conditions and to make a better, more enjoyable game. We may also make your personal information available across the DisciplineXgames family, i.e among the various games we conduct, to facilitate your participation in other DisciplineXgames games.
- Agents/Service Providers: DisciplineXgames employs third parties to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting or operating the DisciplineXgames website, fulfilling orders for products and services purchased through the DisciplineXgames websites, sending e-mail and/or other communications, providing wireless services, removing repetitive information from customer lists, data analysis, marketing assistance, credit card payment processing, and customer service. These third parties may have access to your personal information for the purpose of performing such functions on DisciplineXgames's behalf.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other DisciplineXgames users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on DisciplineXgames where we allow you to tell other DisciplineXgames users about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed.
- Affiliate Entities: DisciplineXgames may also provide your personally identifiable information to your affiliated company if you have entered an Affiliate Code during registration or are otherwise a user of our corporate portal.
- Special Offers and Promotions by DisciplineXgames and its partners. In connection with promotions and special offers, we may make available to third parties your name and other personal information pertinent to these offers. Information transmitted to third parties will be subject to the privacy policies of the third parties receiving such information. Your information may also be used in connection with sweepstakes and contests that we or our partners conduct. You may opt out of providing such information by notifying DisciplineXgames at email@example.com.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, DisciplineXgames will not provide users' personally identifiable information to third parties or use it for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected without their prior permission.
- The security of your information is of paramount importance to us. Your DisciplineXgames account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. In addition, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information of our users, both during transmission and after we receive it. DisciplineXgames strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, including use of encryption, firewalls, and hashing on select types of information collected by DisciplineXgames. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) during the sign-up process or on our order forms, we encrypt your information during transmission using 256 bit secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure, however, so DisciplineXgames cannot guarantee absolute security.
- You can enhance your security by protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
- You can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add, or delete personally identifiable information on our website. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records as part of our normal back-up procedures and so that we can comply with any future requests for such information in conjunction with future legal requirements.
- If you wish to remain a user of DisciplineXgames, but do not wish to receive certain email from us or other DisciplineXgames users, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- You may request access to any Personal Information that we have collected that is not available on your User Profile page so that you may correct any inaccuracies or request deletion of that information.
- You may also request deletion of your DisciplineXgames account by contacting us at email@example.com with Deletion in the heading of your email. We will respond to requests within 15 business days.